APPIH organization was established in March 2012 by the founding members and was registered in the state of Texas in April 2013. It is a non-profit, non-governmental, and non-political organization. The Organization is created exclusively for educational purposes. It is also to provide a social, educational, professional, and networking environment for the American petroleum professionals of Iranian heritage, to promote their values, advance their professional interests in the U.S., and contribute to the petroleum industry.
- To establish, facilitate, and promote cooperation and exchange of scientific, educational, and scholarly views amongst its members.
- To provide professional and educational support to its members.
- To recognize, and promote significant scientific and professional contribution of its members at national level.
- To conduct educational webinars and hold technical meetings.
- To facilitate integration of new generation of graduates into the petroleum industry.
- To promote professional growth and networking for petroleum professionals of Iranian heritage.