The purposes of the American Petroleum Professionals of Iranian Heritage (APPIH) scholarship program are to promote excellence in the education students of Iranian heritage receive. Scholarships will be awarded to the selected qualified applicants who are pursuing a graduate study (Ph.D. and M.S. level) in petroleum engineering or related disciplines in the USA. The recipients of the 2019 scholarship program will be recognized during the 7th annual meeting of APPIH, to be held on Sunday, September 29, 2019, at BMO Centre at Stampede Park, in Calgary, Canada.
- Must be of Iranian descent (one parent must be of Iranian descent).
- Must be enrolled in graduate studies pursuing a Ph.D. or M.S. degree in the field of petroleum engineering (or related disciplines) at an accredited university within the USA.
- Must be a member of APPIH
- Recipient is expected to be present at the awards ceremony to be held at the APPIH annual meeting.
- Completed APPIH scholarship application form.
- A current resume, include a description of Ph.D. or M.S. research area and list of publications and expected graduation date.
- Copies of Master’s and/or undergraduate college transcripts.
- A copy of the transcript for the current field of study for the last two years.
- Two letters of recommendation addressed to the scholarship committee at APPIH; one of which must be written by the applicant’s professor in his/her major field of study.
- An essay in English (double-spaced, not to exceed two 8 ½ x 11 pages) demonstrating the desire to pursue a leadership role in his/her field of study and indicating specific plans on how to become a contributor to the petroleum industry and the Iranian-American professional communities.
How to apply and submission deadline
The required documents, listed above, must be received by APPIH no later than August 15, 2019. All documents, in digital (PDF) format, must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Scholarship recipients will be selected by early September 2019.
Appih 2019 Scholarship Recipients
Past APPIH Scholarship Recipients
2018 Scholarship Recipients
Atefeh Jahandideh, University of Southern California, PhD student
AmirHossein Kamali, Oklahoma University, PhD Student
Vahideh Mirchi, University of Wyoming, PhD Student
2017 Scholarship Recipients
AliReza Sanaei, University of Texas at Austin, PhD Student
Pouyan Ebrahimi, Oklahoma State University, PhD Student
Siavash Hakim Elahi, University of Southern California, PhD Student
Mahmood Shakiba, University of Texas at Austin, PhD Student
2016 Scholarship Recipients
Ali Abouie, University of Texas at Austin, PhD Student
Mehran Hosseini, University of Southern California, PhD Student
Ramin Dabirian, The University of Tulsa, PhD Student
Mehrdad Alfi, University of Texas A&M, PhD Student
2015 Scholarship Recipients
Morteza Elahi Naraghi, University of Texas at Austin, PhD student
Kouroush Maleki, Kansas University, PhD Student
Milad Ahmadi, Louisiana State University, PhD Student
Simin Sadeghi, University Texas A&M, PhD Student
2014 Scholarship Recipients
Behnaz Rahmani Didar, University of Texas A&M, MSc Student
Mehrdad Shirangi, University Stanford, PhD Student
Saeed Zargari, Colorado School of Mines, PhD Student